Friday, May 13, 2011

If you live in Monmouthshire....

If you live in Monmouthshire....: "

If you live in Monmouthshire, I am very envious!! On June 18, garden designer, Arne Manyard is opening his garden, Allt-y-Bela for a single evening perfomrance of Romeo and Juliet by the Living Willow Theatre company. Guests are invited to bring a picnic to eat in the garden before the performance starts. A perfect summer's evening, rain or shine, is sure to be had. It sounds like heaven to me....Details, here.


Even better, various day courses
will be held at Allt-y-Bela in June, including:

The Scented Garden, on June 21;
Topiary, Pleached Trees, Hedges and Knots, on June 22;
Orchards and Wildflower Meadows, on June 23.
Course information, here.

When I moved to England over a year ago, I enjoyed gardening
but never thought I would get quite so excited about it. When I
read about this event in House and Garden UK magazine, it was a
'stop the press' moment for me. I just had to share in the hopes
that someone will attend and tell me all about it!

The garden designs of Arne Maynard are all inspiring.
Visit his website for more, here.


Details of event via June 2011 issue of House and Garden

"

No comments:

Post a Comment