Sunday, June 19, 2011
Hi Everyone, What a couple of weeks I have had....(I will explain below)
I really hope you don't mind, but I am re-posting a favourite table setting today for
Susan's party at TT today.
This is a post that I did a couple of years ago, a food styling and tablesetting job for
one of my clients. It was a two day shoot on a lovely property in Canyonleigh
and whilst the chef prepared the food I created the settings. From memory I think we did six different settings from breakfast to Dinners. I love this one because of the lovely reflection on the glass with the water behind. It was at the end of the day when the light was just beautiful. I also have a passion for beautiful decanters and bottles, I have hundreds of decanters and bottles in my collection. I also love the bottles of French wine,
I have some very old bottles of wine that have only ever been used as props.......
but after the last couple of weeks I think I might just open one tomight.
The last four weeks,
My Mother has been in hospital
My Father is forgetting things!!
One of my brothers was taken to hospital the day
my Mother came home, he is still there and I am
about to go in a see him now.
I have been almost living at the hospital
I haven't been able to open my studio for over a week, so I haven't
done any work. hmmmmmmm
I have often wondered what will happen when my parents are too old to look after themselves,
Well.....that time has arrived!
Sending love to you all,
Subscribe to Styling by Coty Farquhar by Email
At this point, I think it’s pretty safe to say that there isn’t a Jessica Helgerson-designed house that I don’t want to immediately move into. From the first home I posted of hers (still my favorite space ever) to this new home (the “Brush Prairie” home in southern Washington), I’m a complete and total JHID super fan. She has a way of creating spaces that bring the outdoors in and celebrate the sort of clean, open views I covet in modern homes. If I ever come into a surprise fortune, I plan on buying a big treehouse of space and letting her have at it for the design. I’d love to curl up on this couch and stare out at the yard. All that green is endlessly calming and refreshing. Click here to see more of Jessica’s work online. I’m hoping to meet her and her team in person today, so if you see an embarrassing amount of online shrieking at the D*S Twitter feed, that’s why.
I’m heading out to see more of Portland today, and then tomorrow, it’s off to the blogging classes at the Ace. I’ll be back in Brooklyn by Sunday, though, and blogging from home on Monday. Thanks to everyone who’s walked up to introduce themselves in SF and Portland so far. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to meet readers/designers/enthusiastic locals in any town — it makes me feel instantly at home and welcome. Thank You. xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- New City Guide: Catskills Guide
- Biz Ladies: Understanding CSS (A major 5k word piece)
- Living In: Delicatessen
- The Sound of Your Morning: Portland Love
- Sneak Peeks: Sarah Sharpe, Emma Jane Noren, Caitlin of Roost
- DIY Projects: Recycled Barrel Planter, Tripod Camping Stool
- DIY Best Of: Organization
- Before & Afters: Reupholstered Foot Stool, Kate Spade-Inspired Child’s Room, Beach House Redo, Salvaged-Wood Wall
- Make It Yours: Scarlett Reed
- We Like It Wild: Father’s Day Talking Bouquet
- In the Kitchen With: Stacy Newgent’s Sweet Corn and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Artwork: New: Lulu DK “Colors” Print, Jessica Ginsberg
- Misc.: New: Satsuma Press, Vintage Me Oh My, David Stark Book Party, Clean and Simple in the Kitchen, Zodiac Embroidery Kit, Striped Linen Throws, Alex Kopps
More photos of the Brush Prairie home continue after the jump…