Sunday, June 19, 2011

weekly wrap up + jessica helgerson design

weekly wrap up + jessica helgerson design: "



At this point, I think it’s pretty safe to say that there isn’t a Jessica Helgerson-designed house that I don’t want to immediately move into. From the first home I posted of hers (still my favorite space ever) to this new home (the “Brush Prairie” home in southern Washington), I’m a complete and total JHID super fan. She has a way of creating spaces that bring the outdoors in and celebrate the sort of clean, open views I covet in modern homes. If I ever come into a surprise fortune, I plan on buying a big treehouse of space and letting her have at it for the design. I’d love to curl up on this couch and stare out at the yard. All that green is endlessly calming and refreshing. Click here to see more of Jessica’s work online. I’m hoping to meet her and her team in person today, so if you see an embarrassing amount of online shrieking at the D*S Twitter feed, that’s why.






I’m heading out to see more of Portland today, and then tomorrow, it’s off to the blogging classes at the Ace. I’ll be back in Brooklyn by Sunday, though, and blogging from home on Monday. Thanks to everyone who’s walked up to introduce themselves in SF and Portland so far. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to meet readers/designers/enthusiastic locals in any town — it makes me feel instantly at home and welcome. Thank You. xo, grace


Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:




LRB_110608_2998 2
LRB_110608_3063 2
LRB_110608_3038 2
LRB_110608_3081 2
LRB_110608_3028 2

More photos of the Brush Prairie home continue after the jump…


(more…)


"

No comments:

Post a Comment