Thursday, October 20, 2011

Things of beauty...

Things of beauty...: Friday comes...a much-needed end of the week. My children have now broken up from school (again) and we have two week's of half term. As ever, the reprieve from the school run routine is greatly appreciated, but also there is that mild panic at the prospect of entertaining them. Must children be entertained constantly? I'm sure when I was a child we entertained ourselves more!

I read back on my blog this time last year and recognise a different me. What a difference a year makes; I was Lou but not the Lou I am now. It's subtle, but to me, very clear. Life is a journey and this particular phase is one of self-awareness. I've been too busy to notice very much of anything for years and now; well now I notice everything. I am acutely conscious in a new way. It's really good, enjoyable, informative.

So, the lovely Simone came to tea. And lunch. And we had cupcakes (well, why not?). There was a-l-h-o-t of talk, we covered many topics, time flew by and then away she went back to the big city! What a miracle the Internet is to bring friends to our doorstep. I never ever would have even met Simone unless I had done so through blogging. Who would have thought? A kindred spirit found out there in the wilderness of the web.

Longing for some quieter time this weekend. There is this danger of over-egging the weekend activities, leaving us drained by the time Monday rolls around. I'm still learning to find that balance; to live life at weekends but also to allow us to recoup as a family.

A whimsical grey and pink hue to my beautiful things this week...

via the front row

by Atlanta Bartlett



colours I love via JCrew

ohhh I like...the Mulberry Polly Push Lock




...impossibly pretty...Natalia Vodianova



striking eyes...photograph by eddie judd photography

the best things in life: tea and cake...photograph by Philip Webb
frilly skirts are lovely via bob and blossom

via Vogue Chanel Spring Summer 2012



Daddy is home; The Kennedy's...photograph by Jacques Lowe



via the front row

Wishing all of you lovely readers a happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment